16 September 2026

Memories


 I was walking aimlessly in front of the shops in the supermarket near my place during my lunch break the other day when I stumbled upon this pencil case stacked on the shelf of the exhibit in the foyer ... My mind immediately went back 40 years to the time when I owned a stationery item with this cartoon on its cover ... I don't remember whether it's from a TV show or a movie for the kiddies but looking at this cartoon brings back memories of a long and forgotten time until hitherto ... Bought the pencil case (Thank God it's not expensive) out of nostalgia for that almost forgotten time ... Me, a 51-year-old grown up, owning a kiddie pencil case just because of nostalgia ... Well, sometimes it's the memories that somehow make you appreciate the present and thus look forward to the future, thinking you'd be making more good memories like those in the past ...

No comments: