Well a couple of days after my clinic visit, I was taking wudhu' for a prayer and suddenly noticed this blue black bruise on the side of my right foot ... Looking at how dark it was, I panicked a bit and decided to go to my company's panel clinic to check it up ... The doctor said it was a hematoma and if it developed an abscess, they may have to dig it up to get rid of the abscess ... I just gulped at the answer ... The doctor then prescribed medication for swelling and antibiotics ... I forgot to ask the doctor whether the hematoma would go away before I left the clinic so the next day I Googled for the answer ... Well, the hematoma would go away but it would take time ... I kept looking at my foot for the days going forward and decided to document the process ... As you can see from the pix, the hematoma gradually lightens and now my foot looks almost normal ... Phew! That's a load off my back ... My guess it that the hematoma formed because I performed the sujud for my prayers ... The knee which had that soft tissue injury really hurt every time I sujud, so maybe the blood vessels in that area bled out and formed a pool of clotted blood at the base of my foot ... So I decided not to perform the sujud the traditional way and use a chair instead so I'd be standing up at the beginning of my prayers and sitting on the chair every time I needed to perform the sujud ... That worked coz the pain eased away and more importantly, the blood pool dissipated ... Now I'm still using the chair but will go back to performing my prayers the traditional way once the hematoma completely clears up ...



No comments:
Post a Comment